ABOUT US - Karibu, Welcome!
The name Bunyonyi means a place of little birds and it’s the name of a scenic Crater Lake located in the highlands of South Western Uganda. This is where our safari lodge Bunyonyi Safaris Resort (BSR) is located.
Incorporated in Uganda in October 1996, Bunyonyi Safaris Ltd has been in the business of providing high quality travel services, safaris and destination management in Uganda and the rest of East Africa. For safaris, we offer the conventional wildlife safaris, gorilla tracking, birding tours, mountain climbing and white water rafting. Our greatest passion, however, is in linking tourism and rural community development. As such, volunteer tourism, educational safaris and gap year opportunities are our strongest points.
From our lodge at Bunyonyi Safaris Resort (BSR), you have the opportunity to enjoy not just the nature but the unique countryside African experience. You can take a walk and enjoy the beautiful scenery, canoe trek on the lake, volunteer at a local school, eat and even participate in the local activities.
Our vision is to create a business that promotes the awareness of Uganda’s natural beauty while contributing towards environmental conservation and poverty reduction in rural Uganda.
Our mission is to give our clients value for money and a wholesome memorable experience of African hospitality. It is our objective to give our guests a safe, comfortable and pleasurable experience. From our choice of accommodation, vehicles, staff, food and general safety, we go the extra mile to ensure that you get only the best value for money.
Why use us?
- Experience: We have been in operation since 1996 and with time we have learnt what works and what doesn’t. We know Uganda and East Africa very well and we understand the tourism products because we are the natives.
- Affiliation: We are licensed by The Uganda Ministry of Tourism and are affiliated to a number of reputed organizations as detailed by the logos shown.
- Professional and ethical: Our staff is well trained, professional and we operate by a strict code of conduct.
- Facilities: We have a head office in central Kampala and partner offices in respective East African countries. We respond to all inquiries within 24 hrs.
- Quality Services: We carefully choose our safari hotels and vehicles to ensure you are safe, comfortable and well fed. Our business is to ensure that your experience is happily memorable and we go the extra mile. That’s our motto! Be our guest, Karibu!
Charlotte K Kamugisha
Bsc.Forestry. Msc.Environmental Sciences.
We are licensed by the Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities in Uganda and are members to the following associations:
- Association of Uganda Tour Operators. (AUTO) http://www.auto.or.ug/members.htm
- The Uganda Association of Travel Agents (TUGATA) http://www.tugata.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=16:bunyonyi-s...
- Africa Travel Association (ATA) http://africatravelassociation.org/members/member_view.asp?ContactID=1470
- American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) http://www.asta.org
- Nature Uganda http://www.natureuganda.org/index.php
- Centre for the Promotion of Imports from developing countries (CBI) http://www.cbi.eu
- International Air Transport Association (IATA) http://www.iata.org
- Adventure Travel Association (ATA) http://www.adventuretravel.biz/about/atta-members
- SITE http://www.siteglobal.com/
- International Association of Travel and Tourism Professionals (SKAL) www.skal.org
- Uganda Hotel Owners Association (UHOA) http://www.hotels-uganda.org/en
Charlotte K Kamugisha has served on the Following Boards
• Nature Uganda - Still Serving
• Association Of Uganda Tour Operators (AUTO)
• Eco Trust – Environmental ConservationTrust Uganda
• Association of Uganda Travel Agents (TUGATA)